Scott Bourne also reviewed the 7D: here [link]
So it is noisy but otherwise good. I agree, but the noise is not a big issue unless you shoot high ISO. And the Lightroom RC makes it a bit better.
My few-words review (see 7D tag for more):
- Great new focus system!
- Great video ability (1080p, 24/25/30fps) and quality.
- Ability to assign many custom buttons.
- Nice to drive flashes from pup-up.
- Better WB than prior Canons.
- Great screen at the back.
- Strong; withstands 3ft drop onto hard concrete.
- Noise (but by downsizing to fewer Mpixels you reduce this)
- Deliberately dumbed-down menus for marketing purposes (eg no ISO range setting, no “save/retrieve basic settings”)
- Still hangs up every now and then (needs battery removed, even off does not work)
- Slow autofocus in video/live view modes
Noise should not be overestimated as an issue. See this earlier post for a sample at 3200 ISO:
Note – the new RC of Lightroom, with 7D support, does not reducethe noice.
Overall, a very good addition to my 1D MkIII/1Ds MkIII family.
Did you see this: http://canonfieldreviews.com/7d-1-weather-sealing/ ?
Have you ever tested your cameras in these kids of conditions? I sure haven’t!
I am about to, all winter! (Groan. What am I doing here?)