Those of you who have a Fuji X100 APC-C sized small camera: the new 1.30 firmware is out. Maybe it has been for a while – reminder to self to check regularly! Download it from here.
Then upgrade, ignoring the Fuji instructions – you do not need the extra file. Just the FPUPDATE.DAT file. Once you have that:
- Insert a fully charged NP-95 battery into your X100.
- Format your SD card in your camera. (Backup your data first!)
- Connect the card to your computer.
- Copy the FPUPDATE.DAT file to the root directory of the SD card.
- Insert the SD card into your camera.
- Turn the camera on while holding down the [BACK] button to start the firmware update process, and follow the on screen instructions.
You will need to reset date/time and all custom fuctions.
And you will now have a camera with a few major upgrades since last year. Among them:
- Better Autofocus
- The RAW button can now be used as a programmable Function button too – thank God!
- Many bugfixes and other small functionality improvements
Fuji has a winner with the X100, as I have said before – more importantly, Fuji, unlike some other camera makers:
- Listens to its customers;
- Acts quickly to implement their requests;
- Sees an expensive camera like the X100 as an ongoing project, not as a “I’ve sold it and now on tho the next project”
…all of which I find very refreshing!