I am in Jamaica shooting a wedding. When traveling, you may want to bring some of the things that in packing last Sunday at 3AM, I did not remember to pack – and usually do:
- Bring a power bar. Hotels never have even remotely enough power outlets.
- Bring clear lens filters, just in case.
- Bring enough memory cards.
- The worst, for me: Bring a mouse with the computer if you want to edit. Pads are useless for accurate editing.
I did remember some things of course, so I was able to get a lot of good shots.
The things I remembered include:
- Bring enough batteries! Change them all the time.
- Bring an umbrella. Without the umbrella and Pocketwizards and flash cables and enough flashes I could not have done the shots I did, like the one above.
- Bring a laptop and Lightroom.
- Bring a spare disk – backup, backup, backup!
- Bring two cameras and 16-35, 24-70, 70-200 and 50mm prime lenses.
- Bring microfiber cloths and a small brush to clean cameras at beach.
- Bring medication for tummy upsets – have not needed this but always carry!
If I had had more powerful lights, I could have made more dramatic images – but the images I made were just what I had in mind…!
Now bath, then off to breakfast, then the pool or the Caribbean sea: decisions, decisions!