I am in Jamaica shooting a wedding. When traveling, you may want to bring some of the things that in packing last Sunday at 3AM, I did not remember to pack – and usually do:
- Bring a power bar. Hotels never have even remotely enough power outlets.
- Bring clear lens filters, just in case.
- Bring enough memory cards.
- The worst, for me: Bring a mouse with the computer if you want to edit. Pads are useless for accurate editing.
I did remember some things of course, so I was able to get a lot of good shots.
The things I remembered include:
- Bring enough batteries! Change them all the time.
- Bring an umbrella. Without the umbrella and Pocketwizards and flash cables and enough flashes I could not have done the shots I did, like the one above.
- Bring a laptop and Lightroom.
- Bring a spare disk – backup, backup, backup!
- Bring two cameras and 16-35, 24-70, 70-200 and 50mm prime lenses.
- Bring microfiber cloths and a small brush to clean cameras at beach.
- Bring medication for tummy upsets – have not needed this but always carry!
If I had had more powerful lights, I could have made more dramatic images – but the images I made were just what I had in mind…!
Now bath, then off to breakfast, then the pool or the Caribbean sea: decisions, decisions!
Christmas tree power bars come with a short 2 foot cord, great for travel. If you go to Europe or China, you can plug the power bar into the outlet adapter. Remember the outlet adapter if you are going where you need it.
I also take a sensor cleaning tool.