Why do we have cameras?
We have cameras because cats.
That’s my son and his daughter., who is 2.
And the glasses are mine. But she clearly gets it,
So will the iPhone ever replace the DSLR camera?
It will complement it, sure., I take a lot of iPhone pictures. You always have it, and it’s so easy to Facebook a pic. But it will never replace it.
Look at my photos. What can an iPhone not do that a DSLR can?
- Use a real flash
- Get those blurry backgrounds (yeah yeah, the oPhone 7 has a second lens to fake it);
- Shoot at high ISOs with great quality
- Do macro shots.
- Shoot at fast (controlled) shutter speeds.
- Have enough megapixels.
- Give the user control over focus mode and focus area, ISO, aperture, white balance,…
- Create large prints (like 40 inch across).
There’s so much more. The laws of physics do not allow a small camera to do what a large camera does. It is as simple as that. So there will always be a market for both.