When you auto-focus, do you use one focus point?
You should. That way you, not the camera, determines where sharpest focus is achieved. Wherever that may be.
But you may not know this:
- You need light, distance, and a subject (with horizontal/vertical lines) in order for your camera to focus.
- Focus points are sensitive to horizontal or vertical lines.
- Some, like the point in the middle, is sensitive to both horizontal and vertical lines.
- Some cameras have multiple such both0way sensitive focus points.
- Some cameras enable more focus points to become both-way sensitive when faster lenses (like those with apertures of f/2.8 or better) are in use.
Yes, knowing all that technical stuff will make you a better focuser.