Quick Tip of the day: carry some small things at all times. Namely:
- Plastic bags – to put things into, absorb shocks in your camera bags, stop things from moving around, and heck, even to throw up into if you’re sick.
- Microfiber Cloths – to regularly clean your lenses and the back of your camera’s LCD, and also to absorb shocks in your bag.
- A cheap 1″ paint brush – dust that does not get onto your camera will not get into your camera.
- A “bulb”-type air blower – ditto.
- Shower caps from hotel rooms – to wrap around your camera when it rains – poke a hole at both ends and you’re better protected than without.
These cost almost nothing, weigh almost nothing, and are worth more than than their weight in gold for a photographer. Solutions can be low-tech.
I like the shower cap idea!