Two techniques today that I have pointed out before, and I will do it again until everyone uses them regularly.
- Selective focus with supporting background elements
- Make the foreground subject really stand out
- Achieve perspective (close-far: get close to your close object!) and
- Provide environment, or context, where theuser has to put two and two together to create the story. The eye goes to close object – background – back to close object.
One more example – then go out and shoot some!
Instuctions, should you need them:
- Wide lens, often the wider the better
- Get close!
- Focus on the close object.
- Use the largest aperture (smallest “f-number”).