I have two screens connected to my computer. Or rather, since the Mac is integrated with one screen, I have an extra screen connected, see the right side:
You can connect an extra screen to most computers, Macs as well as PCs.
Why? Here’s why.
- More real estate (space, in English) is always good. Make things bigger.
- I can open a browser and drag it to screen two, while sending an email about what I see on screen one.
- I can have my calendar open on screen two while I write an invoice on screen one.
- I can open Photoshop on the left while I use a command line on the right
- I can always use Twitter, Facebook, etc on the right screen while I work on the left screen.
- And importantly, when using Lightroom, I can use it in two-screen mode. That makes it possible for me to have a grid open on the right while I edit in detail on the left.
There is no limit to what you can do – and your productivity goes up.
And yes. My desktop background this month is a barbecue hamburger.