Want a dramatic sky?
The simply do the following:
- Aim at the sky – fill your entire viewfinder with it.
- Lock your exposure, by pressing the “AE-L” button (Nikon) or “*” button (Canon).
- Aim down to compose the way you want.
- Focus on a close-by object (by pressing the shutter half way and holding it after the beep).
And there are two ways to do this:
- If you turn on your flash, the close by object gets lit up, as in the above image I took in Oakville on a walk, with my excellent Fuji X100.
- If, on the other hand, you did not turn the flash on, the close by objects would now all be silhouettes. Which can also be nice.
You’re the boss- which is what photography is all about!