Today I shot soccer kids in Malton. Using a simple flash on camera. Pictures looked like this – although this is not a soccer player but my model recently, the technique is the same:
To do this, you
- Underexpose the background by 1-2 stops
- With the camera in manual mode
- Try to get aperture around f/5.6 with the shutter between 1/100th and 1/200th second
- And then use your flash to light up the subject.
- If the background is too dark you will see shadows.
Note to Sheridan students: Tomorrow, I am going to walk my Sheridan students around Oakville at 11AM – yes, students, we are on, unless it is pouring with rain in which case I will post here before 10AM. Towne square and Lakeshore Rd, Oakville, under the big clock, 11AM.