I have advised you here again and again to do a pullback shot every time you shoot. Like for yesterday’s picture:
Here’s how I set it up:
- One flash direct, on a light stand camera left, just behind model aiming at her.
- One flash direct, on a light stand camera right, just behind model aiming at her.
- One flash direct by my legs, on the ground, aiming at model
- One flash in tree left, clamped, with Egg Yolk Yellow Honl Photo gel
- One flash in tree right, clamped, with purple Honl Photo gel
Yes, that purple flash is there – here’s Lori fixing it:
The point is that I would have forgotten the setup quickly if I had not had this pullback shot. With five speedlights, forgetting what was where is easy!