I have made a change to the Hands-On Flash Workshop schedule (see two days ago): Oct 2 is cancelled and is added to Oct 16.
(Re-?) familiarize yourself with flash and come to the Sunday afternoon workshop in my studio in Brantford, Ontario:
- Sunday Oct 16, 2016, noon-5pm: HANDS-ON SESSION: Master On- and Off-Camera Flash, Manual & TTL. $199, Limited to five students; there are only three spots left. View details/reserve your spot.
The Workshop Program:
Prerequisites: You need basic camera knowledge and a DSLR camera. Bring that camera, and IF you have it, your flash. I supply all studio equipment, snacks and drinks. If you have a Sony camera, you may need a converter to standard flash hotshoe.
What we do: In five hours, in a combination of lecture and lots of hands-on, I will free your creativity by showing and teaching you:
- The minimum required technical knowledge. This includes a quick review of camera basics and flash background knowledge.
- How to think about a flash photo. My unique method suddenly makes it simple!
- The four (and only four) types of background exposure.
- The Three Magic Recipes: “studio”, “event”, and “outdoor”.
- How to fire remote flashes using your camera’s system (Canon, Nikon).
- How to fire remote flashes using Pocketwizards.
- TTL or manual? How you decide.
- Strobes or speedlights? Pros and cons of both.
- Alternate radio triggers: Yongnuo.
- Bouncing a flash.
- Lighting a portrait.
- Using a flash meter.
- Using modifiers: Beauty dish, softbox, snoot, reflector, grid, and gel.
- Special techniques: ring flash, etc.
Bring a camera, and a flash if you have one, and the rest is provided. You will leave with knowledge and real life, confidence inspiring, hands-on experience.