Sign up now: there’s time and space to learn all about flash. A model and make-up artist will be supplied for the workshop I am teaching on January 28 in Toronto. In this workshop, from knowing “nothing”, you will learn creative flash in half a day.
And this includes:
- Setting up your camera for flash.
- Why use flash when it’s bright outside?
- TTL or manual flash: Why go manual, and when?
- Speedlights or studio strobes?
- What are the limits to using speedlights?
- Modifiers: gels
- Modifiers: grids and snoots
- Modifiers: softboxes and umbrellas.
- “Magic recipes”: shortcuts for outdoors, indoors, and studio flash.
- Common mistakes – and avoiding them.
- Off-camera flash: How? Why?
- Using radio triggers (which ones?)
- Secrets of creative lighting – examples with model and make-up artist.
You will leave with a few great portfolio shots, but also with an understanding of, and “quick start” recipes for, handling each flash situation that you will come across.
This course is intended for everyone from beginner to pro. What you have in common is that you have an SLR camera, you know little about flash, and you want to learn all about it. Bring your camera! If you have a flash, bring it; if not, no worries: everything is supplied.
There are spots left but space is limited, so sign up now.