And when you are a photographer like me, you may take that as a photo op. I cannot even look at a can of soup without thinking “Hmmmmm….”. In terms of photos.
And that leads to this quick setup:
That setup was a TTL setup, to save me time. (Connecting Pocketwizards and so on would take a few minutes. Hey, I was hungry – what can I say).
I have, here:
- Main light, on our left, a 430 EX II speedlight with a Honl Photo Speed Snoot
- Edge light, a second 430 EX speedlight with a Honl Photo Speed Snoot and a blue/green gel.
- The umbrella is merely being used as a reflector, to fill in the right a little.
- A striped place mat for the subject to sit on.
- A wall, far enough away to be dark, as background.
The camera is a 1D Mark IV with a 580EX II speedlight on it.
And that gives me…:
So now to bed quickly: I am teaching “Advanced Flash” with Guest Star David Honl (yes, that David Honl) today Saturday 11am-3:30pm in Toronto.