Why did I shoot this stature of a young Julius Caesar, who forgot to put on his pants, this way?
- You might say “to make him look dramatic and powerful”.
- You might say “to emphasize my subjugation to the mighty Roman empire”.
- You might say “to compose using the Rule of Thirds”
- You might say “to get three dimensionality into the shot”.
- You might say “to offset Julius against the nice patterned glass ceiling”.
- You might, if you were there looking over my back, even say “to get rid of all the Japanese tourists which were crowding around”.
And all of those would be correct!q