I am often asked “what is in that Domke bag of yours”?
Here. Too much, many would say…:
The bag is a Domke bag, and it contains:
- Two lenses (Which ones? That varies per shoot).
- A speedlight (Canon 580-EX II).
- My off-camera flash cable.
- My point-and-shoot camera (a Panasonic Lumix GF-1 Micro Four Thirds camera).
- The indispensable Hoodman Hood Loupe (Get one. Now.)
- Memory cards… always carry spares.
- Fong Lightsphere – for safe shooting when I need safety rather than creativity.
- Honl Photo reflectors/gobos.
- A Honl gel set in a Honl roll.
- My iPad .. plus, just in case, its charger.
- Spare batteries for every camera and for flash. Never travel without spare batteries.
- Lens caps for the lenses that are on the camera. I do not use them on the cameras I am using.
- Cloths, plastic bags, headache and stomach acid pills.
- Note pad, pens, comb, small brush, business cards.
And an important note: no camera. That is (or more accurately, those are!) over my shoulder.